Rick Schilling, M.D.
Board Certified Family Medicine
Dr. Rick Schilling recently moved to Boerne, TX after 11 years of practicing medicine in Bloomington, Indiana. Board Certified in Family Medicine, Dr. Schilling has a wealth of experience in Primary Care, Urgent Care, Emergency Care and Occupational Medicine. A graduate of Indiana University Bloomington and Indiana University School of Medicine, he received his family medicine training at Michigan State University Mid-Michigan Regional Medical Center in Midland, Michigan after completing a surgical internship at Blodgett Memorial Medical Center in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Dr. Schilling is a Diplomat of the American Board of Family Medicine and sees patients ages 10 and up.
Professional Training & Affiliations
- Family Medicine Residency at Midland Medical Center, Midland, MI
- Surgical Internship at Blodgett Memorial Medical Center, Grand Rapids, MI
- A.B. Degree Zoology at Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
- Medical Doctor Degree at Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- Member of American Board of Family Practice
Areas of Interest:
- Family Medicine
- Preventive Medicine, Wellness
- In-office Procedures
- Employee Health and Fitness
Scope of Services:
- Preventative Medicine, Wellness, Annual Physicals
- Adolescent Medicine, Adult Medicine
- Routine care for patients age 10 years and older.
- Care and monitoring of chronic conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, non-narcotic treatment of musculoskeletal pain.
- Allergies, seasonal flu and colds
- Sports injuries
- Weight management
- Smoking cessation
- Minor procedures including skin lesion removal, biopsy, wart cryotherapy, cyst and lipoma removal, joint aspiration and injections, trigger point injections, laceration repair.